Tuesday, January 13, 2015

To thine own self be true

Wow. Where has the time gone? I made my last post in June and *poof!* here I am looking at the middle of January, 2015. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

A quick update: In July I decided to just lay low for a bit. While 2014 wasn't the worst year on record for me, it was probably one of the most painful for a variety of reasons. I kept trying to put on a happy face and plod on, but soon realized that I don't play "pretend" that my life is all sunshine and rainbows very well. There is a quote by William Shakespeare that I have lived by for my entire adult life:

This above all: to thine own self be true, 
And it must follow, as the night the day, 
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

While it has always been a dream of mine to master my scrapbooking hobby, I have realized during my hiatus that this is something I'm doing for me. To preserve my memories and photos of those I hold near and dear to my heart. So often I've witnessed so much untruth on so many blogs and Facebook pages. I suppose its human nature to want to portray the most positive image of yourself, but at what cost? There are days when you don't feel like smiling. There are nights when you cry yourself to sleep. And you know what? It's ok.

So here I am, smack dab in the middle of January 2015 and I've made a decision to continue onward and upward. My intention is to blog more this year beginning in February. I'm hoping that the new year will allow more time for me to do what I truly enjoy.

Until I get back in the saddle, here's a picture of me and one of my kitties named Larson. If I am making a lap anywhere in the house, he is sure to find it.


Blessing to you in this new year. May it be your best year yet!

See you soon,
Debra xo

No comments:

Post a Comment