Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Remembering Cathy

One of the reasons I scrapbook is to capture memories before they are gone. I find the process of putting your photos and memories on a page and tucking them away in a scrapbook to be one of the most rewarding and therapeutic exercises.

Such is the case for this layout. On January 27th of this year, I lost my very best friend, Cathy, to cancer. Her diagnosis and passing occurred within 3 weeks of each other. I miss her friendship and loyalty every day. She was one of the few people who loved me unconditionally and accepted me "as is".

Our scrappy group rents a house several times a year for the sole purpose of scrapbooking and spending time together. We had our first girl's weekend this year following Cathy's passing. While the void of her presence was so vast, we spent time remembering this special lady throughout the weekend. Although she has left us, we couldn't help but feel she was there with us in spirit.

For this layout, I used the Into The Woods collection from Lawn Fawn. The colors were so bright and cheery. The private journaling was added later.

For the banner, I used my Imaginisce hot rocks to add accents to the banner.


Lastly, the cloud wood chips by Freckled Fawn were the finishing touch I needed to give the layout the element of sadness that was felt without making it too dreary.


Thanks for stopping by!
Debra

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to remember a fabulous woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was very therapeutic to put it on paper. She was an amazing woman and I miss her dearly.

      Delete
  2. Love the little cloud raining hearts - beautiful touch x

    ReplyDelete