Friday, October 11, 2013

Surf's Up

Since my last post, things have been crazy! Work has demanded a lot of my time, but the best thing that happened is I got to go to West Virginia for a scrappy girl's weekend. It was so much fun and the scenery was to die for. As much as I love Spring with the beauty and new beginnings it brings, I must say that Fall is my favorite season. The lovely oranges, reds and browns are so beautiful against the blue sky. And not being a hot weather lover, the changing leaves also signal that the dog days of Summer are coming to an end.

Here's a two page layout that uses October Afternoon's Midway collection as well as an older line of My Mind's Eye called Good Day Sunshine. In addition, I used some Basic Grey brads and of course my go to product for titles, Thickers.


I love that the two lines went so well together. Another neat find was the MME collection had some punch out elements. I took advantage of the car and added enamel dots for the wheels.


I cut out the sun and added some Studio Calico clouds for a bit of dimension. The surfboards were also fussy cut and used as another embellishment cluster. The waves were punched out of Core'dinations paper and lightly sanded to give it the look of white caps.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Debra

1 comment:

  1. I love the scene that you created with the sun, clouds and the car driving down the road to head to the surf and beach! Fun!

    ReplyDelete