Sunday, January 29, 2012

Book of Days

Where has this weekend gone?? I didn't get to do as much 'arting' as I had hoped too, but yesterday my Mama and I spent the afternoon working on our art projects.  She worked on cards while I worked on altering a book for a year long project on-line called Book of Days.

Book of Days is an art journal that is just for you.  You can write, draw, collage, stencil...anything goes because, well, it's YOURS.  The project began in January, but I was a late bloomer to discover Effy Wild. I've only been observing her for a few days, and already, I've learned so much and grown as an artist. I can't wait to see what wonderful pages I will create during this year together.

You can find out more about this project at: http://effythewild.typepad.com/effy/book-of-days-2012.html

Here is the outside cover of the book I am altering. I was pleased with the outcome and can't wait to begin creating pages.  I plan to begin February 1st.  Those of us in the group who wish to participate will begin reading "Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh and then using what we have read to inspire our art journal for the next 8 weeks.  I AM SO EXCITED!!


Have a great week,
Debra xo


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have reading about this project everywhere lately! Sounds great and your book cover looks fab.
    In answer to your question on my blog, yes the new Dylusions stencils and inks will be available in the USA because they are now part of Ranger. you can see them on the Rangerink website. You will love them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete